Teen Challenge is a non-profit organization established to outreach to men, women, and teens that suffer from life controlling issues. Here at San Francisco Teen Challenge, we offer anyone that comes to us a fresh start in life. No matter what the problem is (drug abuse, alcohol abuse, aggressive behaviors, legal issues, sexual abuse, etc.) we here at Teen Challenge will do what it takes to help you.
Teen Challenge was started with humble beginnings in 1958, by Rev. David Wilkerson. Since then, Teen Challenge has become an international ministry with hundreds of centers around the globe. Being a discipleship program, it ministers to the whole person, helping them to become mentally sound, emotionally balanced, socially adjusted, physically well, and spiritually alive through a relationship with Jesus Christ. Not only is the emptiness of life finally filled, but every aspect of one's life comes into a new perspective.
Our program has been developed to teach its students how to cope with everyday life issues. Students typically rise early and have little free time, due to a busy schedule of:
- Discipleship Training
- Work for local businesses
- Work around the center
- Recreational Activities
Lives are transformed at Teen Challenge thus breaking the bonds of addiction. Teen Challenge teaches its students how to maintain their grip on their addictions or problems to prepare them for their new life.
- Spiritually: Teen Challenge knows that the student's symptoms stem from deeper problems and conflicts; we also know that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of past abuses is necessary. Bible studies enhances mental growth and serves as a promising foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We care for the physical needs of the students. These needs--a drug-free environment, food, recreation, etc--are key factors to the student's success in the program.
- Socially: Students learn to work through relationship problems with their peers and with their families at home. They will learn to apply the character qualities they learn in the classroom to their everyday lives.
- Educationally: Teen Challenge has developed a curriculum specifically designed to give students the tools they need to develop skills required to become productive member in their community.
Our center is located at 1464 Valencia St. in San Francisco.There we house up to 30 men, ages 18 and up, in a 12-18 month residential care setting.
If you need help or know someone who needs help, please give us a call at: (415)285-HELP or email us at email@example.com